Friday, February 10, 2012

Dr. Robert

I would like to start off with mentioning all of my medical ailments/injuries I have had so far. It's amazing how many I have had in only a month, yet I am not surprised. I started with an eye infection. So not a big deal. My next little surprise felt like a sore throat. Some kind of cough? Cold? Guess again! I had a laceration in my throat! Either I ate something sharp oooorrrr my injuries that I get sleep just got a little more freaky. Next on the list was a cold. I got rid of that by taking copious amounts of Vitamin C. Momma was right. Now the real injuries begin. What 20 year old manages to cut themselves with safety scissors?? Yup, you got it. This guy. Sliced my finger. With scissors meant for 5 year olds. I am a genius! Which brings to my latest injury.

Add caption
Ya....broke my toe. I will get to the story later so be patient! The hospital was.....an experience. Not many people can say they have been to a hospital in Thailand! One, there was just one big room where all the patients are. In my case, a man with stab wounds, a kid with a broken arm, and a lady on a stretcher with a blanket over her. At this point, I didn't feel so bad for myself anymore. As you saw above, I got to be pushed around on a wheelchair. That was pleasant. Until I saw the family of rats scurry across the floor. What better environment for rats then a hospital??? But all is well. My toe is healing. 

So onto my grand adventure in Chiang Mai. We took a bus Friday night at 11:00. I was in the goofiest mood (as you know I am at night). We were all laughing and joking and making funny noises. If any one has ever talked to me even for just a few minutes, you know very well I am a line crosser. It's what I do. One of the girls, Angee, is dyslexic. We have known this from the beginning. It comes up every now and again. Fast forward to the bus station. We were talking about weird things people can do (i.e. wiggle their ears, click their tongue, twitch mouth). Angee mentioned that when she reads her eyes shake. Here's my response. I will leave it up to you to deem it appropriate or inappropriate. "Your eyes shake when you read? Does it make you read fast------oh wait. Your dyslexic." I really need to learn how to think before I speak.

The bus ride was long. 7 hours long to be exact. Did I sleep? Nope! Was I comfortable? Nope! Was the guy in front of me slamming his seat down on my knees so that he could recline? Of course! Apparently he thought "Oh, something is blocking the back of my chair. It couldn't be a person. So I will just slam it down even harder. Ya, that will work." I'm lucky my knee cap wasn't shattered. Finally we arrived to Chiang Mai. What a grand, grand place. 

First on the list. White water rafting! Only not so much white water as still, calm lazy river. Well this just wouldn't cut it for me. I HAD to make it more exciting. I should have known.... There was this little boy with us. He was friends with our guide. The boy jumped in the river and I saw a great opportunity. I will splash him using my oar! Great idea! He splashed me back. Ha ha, good fun, yadda yadda yadda, he got back on the raft. I thought it was done. Oh no. He had something else in mind. Next thing I know my legs are over my head and I am wet. The little twirp pushed me in the river! I was still laughing at this point. I pulled him in and dunked him. So all fun and games. Until I hit my foot on something. I just shrugged it off, got back in the raft. Five minutes later...PAIN. My toe had a huge bump on it. I didn't think anything of it. It hurt but I didn't want to say anything. But the more I walked on it, the more it hurt. And then it turned purple. That's always a good sign! But I must go on! Too many awesome things in store for me.


I look like I belong in the jungle, don't I?

The next adventure....ELEPHANT RIDING. That was legit. I can honestly say, that was one of the coolest things I have ever done. I got to ride on an elephant's head. In Thailand. Could life get better? I submit it cannot! (Until the next day). After the elephant ride, we ate at this village. The people still where the traditional clothing and such. That was really neat. And the food was delicious!

And the day didn't stop here! Next up, hike to a waterfall! The hike was fine, but I couldn't really enjoy it so much. I was just hobbling a long. But the waterfall was absolutely stupendous. I have never seen a waterfall that gorgeous. Me and my roommates were the only ones in our tour group to swim in it. We are just hard core.
W.O.W

At this point, my toe hurt, but nothing serious. That's when I got out of the pool. I don't know what happened but the second I tried walking I just collapsed. I couldn't walk. Now I started to worry about my foot. But I wasn't going to let an injury keep me from my vacation. So I continued on. Next time someone calls me a pansy, I will punch them in the throat. 

The next day in Chiang Mai was incredible. The magic didn't end. Our next thing on the list. Thaaaaaat's right. BUNGEE JUMPING!!! I was first to go. Falling from 164 feet sounded like a great idea. And great idea it was. You go up on this platform. Your ankles are strapped together so you have to jump to the ledge. (once again, broken toe. Pansy. Punch in throat). Then you dangle half of your feet off the ledge, hold your arms out, and fall. I would say plummet to your death describes it better. It. Was. Epic. Nothing can even compare. Needless to say, I am living the dream.
EEEEAAAAAAGGGGLLEEE





So as you can see, all is well. More than well. All is dynamite! I can't think of anything else I want to be doing with my life. I have much more in store, and I will let you know all about it! Until then, Peace and Love!


Oh, and a gecko left a huge turd on my bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment